Friday, December 29, 2006

Where to go in Sin City - Turning Japanese

I decided to seperate this from my previous post because it really does deserve it's own section.

Inaka Sushi: This is a local's place through and through and is one of the two sushi places I eat at somewhat regularly. The staff is very friendly and they know most of the people that walk through their doors. The food is good, and they have a wide variety of sushi to choose from. I highly recommend getting the all you can eat sushi. This place is by no means spectacular, but I have yet to eat at an Asian restaurant here that is.

Sushi Hana: Another good sushi place with a good selection of sushi and a highly recommendable all you can eat sushi set-up. Another great example of friendly staff, although the service is not quite as good as Inaka. They do have a frequet flyers type card where you get 10 all you can eats, and the 11th is free. Try the 215. It's a hands down favourite.

Shuseki: Although they have sushi, I recommend this place for it's dishes. I love Katsu Don and they have a very good version, although I have yet to try anything there that wasn't good. I would also recommend the Sukiyaki Don. The lunch chef is much better than the dinner chef.

Hyakumi @ Caesar's Palace: If you absolutely need to stay on the strip to eat Japanese food, I would recommend Hyakumi. But, keep in mind you will pay tourist prices. It has been here forever and is very beautiful with good service. The food is good, but pretty standard selection wise.

Ra @ Fashion Show Mall: This is one of those places that I would recommend going if you just want to snack while you drink and hang with friends. The food is good and I highly recommend the tootsie roll, be careful though, one of the sushi chefs messes it up. The menu is limited and not very authentic, but the food is good regardless. This is definitely for a younger crowd.

No comments: