Friday, December 29, 2006

Where to go in Sin City - Eat Your Heart Out

In hindsight I realized that my bars listing was also a listing of some of my favourite food spots so this will be coming from a slightly different tack and have more of a touristy flair.

Bellagio Buffet: I go for the dinner buffet. I've eaten at this buffet since the first year Bellagio opened. It's pricey, so I don't go very often and usually only when someone else is paying, but it's my choice for best buffet here in the land of buffets. The dinner is good, don't get me wrong, it's one of the better ones in town, but I go to the dinner buffet for dessert. The dessert selection is large, even for a buffet, and every last thing is worth having again and again. If you like dessert, this is the buffet to go to.

Stage Deli @ Ceasar's Palace Forum Shops: I ate at Stage Deli my first trip to Vegas as a teenaged tourist over a decade ago, and I made sure that every other trip here as a tourist included a stop at Stage Deli. Now that I live here, every trip to the Strip includes a stop at Stage Deli for corned beef and matzo ball soup. I have never been to New York and so can't speak as to comparison and accuracy, but in my dreams of corned beef, the delis of New York are clones of Stage Deli. Lots of food, good selection, good prices, and friendly staff just make this place even better.

Lucille's @ The District, Green Valley: I was born in the South and I eat BBQ just about every meal when I go back to visit. I lived in California's BBQ area for a few years(and yes, it does have one, did you think all those cows were just for making cheese?). I love me good BBQ. Lucille's is good BBQ. Everything I've had at Lucille's has been superb. The tri-tip is excellent, the pulled pork is divine, and the sides are spectacular. I usually get a two meat, two sides combo, and have one meat and one side packed to go since the servings are really two meals masquerading as one. I've had BBQ from quite a few places in town and I was sorely disappointed each time, but Lucille's redeems Vegas.

No comments: